Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Vegetable Cheesy Crepe Cake
For the filling:
2 tablespoons of butter
1 large onion, diced
5 ounces of bacon, chopped
7 ounces of frozen mixed vegetables
1 ½ cups of baby spinach
For the batter:
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
For the crepes cake:
2 cups of low moisture mozzarella, grated
1 tablespoon tomato sauce
chili flakes for garnishing
fresh thyme for garnishing
How to Cook Bacon and Vegetable Cheesy Crepe Cake
- For the filling:
Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the onion and stir until it starts tenderizing. Add the bacon and stir until the fat starts melting.
- Add the mixed vegetables, stir a little, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for up to 10 minutes.
- Add the baby spinach, stir for 1-2 minutes, and set aside.
- For the batter:
Add the flour, eggs, and milk to a bowl, season with salt and whisk until even.
- For the crepes cake:
Add or spray a little vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of batter using a ladle. Your quantity may vary according to your preferences.
- In order for the batter to evenly coat the surface, tilt the pan with a circular motion. Cook for 2 minutes or so, then flip it and cook again until golden brown.
- Follow the same steps with all the batter. We’ve got 10 crepes.
- Stack the crepes layering between them the vegetable mixture topped with grated mozzarella. Coat the topmost crepe with tomato sauce and add the remaining mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes at 320⁰F/160⁰C.
- Serve garnished with chili flakes and fresh thyme.