Ingredients Needed for Onion and Anchovy Chicken Thigh Roll
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon rosemary leaves
½ teaspoon chili flakes
8 boneless chicken thighs
2 rosemary sprigs
4 cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to Cook Onion and Anchovy Chicken Thigh Roll
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over low-medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the anchovies, rosemary, and chili flakes. Season with pepper and lemon zest, then cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Carefully tenderize the meat using a mallet.
- Lay the tenderized chicken thighs on the work surface in overlapping rows.
- Season them with salt and pepper, then evenly spread the cooked onion mixture on them.
- Carefully roll, then seal with kitchen cord.
- Transfer the roll to a baking dish. Add the rosemary sprigs and tomatoes, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 400⁰F/190⁰C.