Calories: 602 kCal / serving
- 15 g
- 49 g
- 31 g
Ingredients Needed for Squash and Bacon Cream Soup
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 ounces of bacon, sliced
1 pound butternut squash, cubed
2 cups of chicken stock
¼ cup heavy cream
pumpkin seeds for garnishing
How to Make Squash and Bacon Cream Soup
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a cooking pot over low heat, then cook the onion until tender.
- Add the bacon and stir a bit, add the squash and chicken stock, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Cover with the lid and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the squash is tender and slightly firm.
- Remove from heat and transfer the cooked bacon and veggies to a blender. Blend them.
- Strain the blended mixture into a bowl using a strainer and a spatula, discard the pulp, and add the heavy cream. Mix.
- Serve the cream soup in a soup cup, garnished with fried bacon and pumpkin seeds.