Lentil Cream Soup
Lentil cream soup is a staple of Middle Eastern cuisine, and after trying it, we couldn’t agree more. It’s rich, creamy, and flavorful, making it perfect for a light lunch or dinner. If you can’t find red lentils, do not worry, because you can also use yellow or green – they’re all perfect for this recipe.
Ingredients Needed for Lentil Cream Soup
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 cup red lentil
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon paprika powder
½ cup heavy cream
How to Make Lentil Cream Soup
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrot, and cook them for 3-4 minutes. Stir often.
- Next add around 6 cups (1500 ml) of water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt, the veggies, and red lentils.
- Put a lid on, and simmer everything for 20 minutes.
- Pour the obtained soup in a your blender.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter in it and melt it. Add the paprika powder, salt, and pepper. Stir for 1 minute, until the sauce becomes homogenous and then pour it into the blender, along with the soup.
- Pour the heavy cream into the blender and blend everything until smooth.
- Pour the soup into bowls and serve them with lemon juice and chili flakes.