Ingredients Needed for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
1 ½ cups of flour
3 tablespoons of poppy seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup sugar
3 tablespoons of yogurt
1 tablespoon lemon zest
½ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup lemon juice
How to Cook Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Sift the flour through a strainer and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar. Mix with a fork.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl. Add the yogurt, lemon zest, and whisk until smooth.
- Use a whisk and make a small hole in the middle of the flour. Pour the wet mixture into the hole while whisking, and continue until you obtain a smooth mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Grab a 12-slot muffin tin, and fill its empty slots with the muffin mixture.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- For the sugar glaze, mix the powdered sugar with lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Spread it over the muffins before serving them.