Calories: 596 kCal / serving
- 38 g
- 38 g
- 26 g
Ingredients Needed for Lasagna Cake
For the beef mixture:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
5 ounces of bacon, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, diced
1 pound ground beef
½ tablespoon dried oregano
1 cup canned tomatoes
½ cup tomato sauce
For the cake:
10 ounces of cooked lasagna sheets
4 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 cups of béchamel sauce
2 ounces of parmesan
fresh parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Make Lasagna Cake
- For the beef mixture:
Add the vegetable oil and the bacon to a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the garlic and onion and stir some more.
- Add the ground beef. Cook and stir until it turns brown, then add the dried oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the canned tomatoes and tomato sauce, stir for 1 minute, then simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Assemble the cake:
Top the first 3 lasagna sheets each with a slice of mozzarella. Top each with 1-2 tablespoons of beef mixture and spread it.
- Roll the first lasagna sheet around its mozzarella and beef mixture filling. Roll the second lasagna sheet around the first roll, then the third lasagna around the second roll. Keep doing this with all the lasagna sheets, mozzarella slices, and the remaining beef mixture until you have a huge lasagna roll.
- Coat a round cake form with the olive oil and place the lasagna and beef roll in it. Pour the Bechamel sauce over it, uniformly sprinkle the grated parmesan, then bake for 50 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Serve it garnished with fresh parsley.