Ingredients Needed for Vienna Sausage and Beef Bread Boats
4 vienna sausages
4 bacon slices
½ red onion, diced
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, slices
1 cup canned tomatoes, chopped
10 ounces of ground beef
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
3.5 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Vienna Sausage and Beef Bread Boats
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Wrap each Vienna sausage in one bacon slice.
- Place them into a baking tray and roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Add the red onion and cook it until it softens.
- Add the garlic, stir, then add the tomatoes.
- When the sauce starts to simmer, add the ground beef.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the vinegar.
- Stir again and let it simmer until the meat is cooked through.
- Cut off the top of the baguettes and remove some of their crumb to make them look like boats.
- Lay a baking tray with parchment paper and add the baguettes. Place two roasted bacon-wrapped Vienna sausages into each baguette.
- Add a layer of cooked beef and then a layer of shredded mozzarella.
- Transfer the baguettes to the oven and bake them for 15 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Slice and serve!