Ingredients Needed for Pork Steak With Spicy-Sweet Sauce and Goat Cheese
9 ounces of pork neck
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon butter
⅔ cup tomato sauce
¼ cup red wine
1 tablespoon chili flakes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
4 basil leaves
1 rosemary sprig
3 grams of ounces polenta, grilled
2 ounces of goat cheese
How to Cook Pork Steak With Spicy-Sweet Sauce and Goat Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Place the pork neck on your countertop and season it with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet and lay the pork neck in it.
- Cook it for 3-4 minutes on one side. Flip it over and cook it for 1 more minute. Also cook its edges.
- Add the butter and cook the pork for 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer the cast-iron skillet to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the tomato sauce and red wine in a saucepan and place it on your stove.
- Add the chili flakes, brown sugar, salt, fresh basil, and squeeze the lime juice. Stir and cook on medium heat.
- Add the rosemary, then simmer until the sauce reduces. Remove the rosemary and basil. Set the sauce aside.
- When the steak is ready, place it on a plate and let it rest for 10 minutes. Then add the sauce, the polenta, and crumble the goat cheese over it.