Ingredients Needed for Lamb Curry
1 ounce ginger, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves
14 ounces of lamb shoulder, large dices
1 cup yogurt
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon butter
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cinnamon sticks
How to Make Lamb Curry
- Add the ginger, olive oil, garlic, and a pinch of salt in a blender. Blend all until smooth and creamy.
- Add the lamb in a large bowl and pour the yogurt, garlic and ginger marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Mix and let the meat marinate.
- In the meantime, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, and melt it. Add the onion, and cook it until it starts turning brown. Add the turmeric, paprika powder, mustard seeds, and nutmeg. Stir until well combined.
- Add the cinnamon sticks, and then the lamb. Put a lid on top of the pan, and simmer the lamb for 30 minutes.
- Add a touch of parsley and turn off the heat.