Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato, Spinach and Cheese Tart
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
1 small onion, chopped
3 ounces of baby spinach
½ cup low fat milk
2 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
1 teaspoon chili flakes
How to Cook Sweet Potato, Spinach and Cheese Tart
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Evenly spread the olive oil on a round baking tray, approximately 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter.
- Thinly slice the sweet potatoes into thin slices, approximately 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick.
- Lay the potato slices in an escargot pattern on the bottom, fully covering it. Also, fully cover the sides by laying the rest of the potato slices.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for the next 25 minutes.
- Next, heat a skillet over medium heat, and add the onion in it. When it starts to brown, add the baby spinach and cook it until it reduces.
- Add the eggs in a large bowl and whisk them. Pour the low-fat milk and season with chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Take the tray out of the oven and add the onion and spinach inside. Pour the whisked eggs inside. Add feta cheese inside.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for the next 35 minutes.