Ingredients Needed for Hazelnut and Chocolate Cookie Cake
1 chocolate bar broken into pieces
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup sugar
5 ounces of hazelnuts
5 ounces of butter
½ cup powdered sugar
⅔ cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of cognac
7 ounces of butter cookies, crushed
How to Cook Hazelnut and Chocolate Cookie Cake
- Add the chocolate pieces and heavy cream to a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the sugar to a skillet over low heat and caramelize it. Stir in the process.
- Add the hazelnuts. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the caramelized hazelnuts to a blender and blend them. Set aside.
- Add the butter and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix them until even using a hand mixer.
- Add the cocoa powder and continue to mix until even.
- Add the cognac, ground hazelnuts, and the microwaved heavy cream-chocolate mixture. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Add the crushed butter cookies and mix.
- Transfer this mixture on a parchment paper, give it a cylindrical form, then roll the paper around it. Next, wrap it in plastic foil and refrigerate for 3 hours.