Chicken and Ham Lasagna
Don’t know what to cook for Christmas? You don’t need to use the classics (beef or pork), so you can stick to this chicken lasagna. With homemade bechamel sauce and the smoky flavor of fried ham, this lasagna is bound to become a winter favorite for you and your family.
Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Ham Lasagna
1 ounce butter
¼ cup flour
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 ounces of ham, chopped
10 ounces of cooked chicken breast, shredded
3.5 ounces of baby spinach
5 ounces of lasagna sheets
1 cup parmesan, shredded
How to Make Chicken and Ham Lasagna
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the butter and melt it.
- Add the flour and whisk until you obtain a pale-yellow color.
- Add the milk and whisk to obtain a smooth mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and add the chopped ham.
- Add the onion, garlic, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the baby spinach and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Grab a ceramic baking tray and divide the ingredients into layers of lasagna sheets, chicken breast, and bechamel sauce.
- Finish everything off with some shredded parmesan on top.
- Slide the dish into the oven for the next 35 minutes at 370 degrees F/185 degrees C.