Ingredients Needed for Halloumi, Chickpea and Veggie Salad
2 ounces of yellow beans, frozen
2 ounces of green beans, frozen
7 ounces of canned chickpeas
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 large onion, sliced
3.5 ounces of halloumi cheese, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 red bell pepper, roasted
5 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ green chili, thinly sliced
3 ounces of salad mix
How to Make Halloumi, Chickpea and Veggie Salad
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, and fill it halfway with water. Add both types of beans and the canned chickpeas. Boil for 5-6 minutes.
- Drain the veggies and add them in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, mix the sesame oil, lime juice, and lime zest in a small bowl. Mix.
- Optionally, you can add the onion in a large bowl and cover it with hot water. That way you can tone down its strong flavor.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the halloumi cheese. Cook it until golden on both sides.
- Add the boiled veggies to a large bowl, along with the onion and parsley. Add the roasted bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and green chili.
- Mix everything using a spoon.
- Serve everything on a bed of green salad, topped with halloumi cheese.