Ingredients Needed for Eggplant Rounds With Beef and Mozzarella
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
6 ounces of ground beef
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 ounces of mozzarella
How to Make Eggplant Rounds With Beef and Mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Slice the eggplant in about 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick slices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the eggplant slices. Season them with salt, pepper and drizzle 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Cook them for 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Separately, heat the remaining oil in a skillet, over medium heat. Add the ground beef and season it with salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Pour 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Cook the meat until browned, for 7-8 minutes.
- Slice the mozzarella into small chunks. They should be as many as the eggplant slices. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the eggplant slices in it. Top each eggplant slices with 2 tablespoons of ground beef and 1 chunk of mozzarella.
- Slide the eggplant roaunds in the oven for the next 20 minutes!