Ingredients Needed for Deep Fried Mushrooms With Mustard Dip
10 mushrooms, cut into halves
½ cup flour
1 tablespoon milk
½ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon mustard
½ teaspoon dried oregano
How to Cook Deep Fried Mushrooms With Mustard Dip
- Whisk the egg with milk and make egg wash.
- Coat each the mushrooms with flour, dip them in the egg wash, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or deep skillet. Deep-fry the mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Heat another skillet and roast the cumin seeds for 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream, mustard, dried oregano, herb salt, and pepper.
- Mix and simmer until the sauce reduces by half and thickens.
- Serve the mushrooms with mustard dip.