Inspired from the classic French dessert choux, these cream puffs are light, fluffy, and perfect for a sweet treat. You can make the dough yourself, but to make it even simpler, you can buy regular pastry, and just shape it in your favorite way. We recommend serving them with whipped cream filling, and topped with chocolate and raspberries!
Ingredients Needed for Cream Puffs
1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
1 ounce butter, melted
2 tablespoons of sugar
5 ounces of whipped cream
How to Make Cream Puffs
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Dust flour on your working surface.
- Place the puff pastry sheet in the middle and level it with a rolling pin.
- Use a flower-shaped cooking ring and shape flowers out of the puff pastry. Level the remaining puff pastry and continue shaping the flowers until you’ve used the whole dough.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the pastry flowers. Top them with melted butter and sugar. Bake the pastries for 40 minutes.
- Take the pastries out of the oven and slice them through the middle so you can make room for the filling. Fill them with around 1 tablespoon of whipped cream.
- You can serve them with chocolate topping and raspberries!