Creamy Zucchini Tart
Want to prepare this creamy savory tart? Just make your filling velvety with cream cheese, milk, and heavy cream, but don’t forget to also toss an egg into the mixture. For the veggie part add zucchini, bell peppers, and savory onion.
Ingredients Needed for Creamy Zucchini Tart
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
4 ounces of butter
For the veggie mixture:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 medium zucchini, shredded
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
⅓ cup cream cheese
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon heavy cream
For the tart:
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
flour for dusting
How to Make Creamy Zucchini Tart
- For the dough:
Strain the flour into a bowl. Add the egg and butter. Season with salt and mix until even using your hands.
- Dust the work surface with flour and place the dough on it. Knead until you have a dough.
- Form a sphere from the dough and wrap it with plastic. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the veggie mixture:
Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the garlic and zucchini. Stir them in. Add the red and yellow bell peppers and stir them in.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 more minute.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the cream cheese, milk, egg, and heavy cream. Mix until even using a spatula. Set aside.
- For the tart:
Unwrap the dough and place it on the work surface between 2 parchment papers. Flatten it using the rolling pin.
- Coat a tart pan with the vegetable oil using a brush, then dust it with some flour. Line it with the dough and trim the edges.
- Poke holes into the dough using a fork. Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove the pan from oven and fill the crust with the veggie mixture. Evenly spread it, then bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.