Ingredients Needed for Creamy Zucchini Tart
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
4 ounces of butter
For the veggie mixture:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 medium zucchini, shredded
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
⅓ cup cream cheese
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon heavy cream
For the tart:
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
flour for dusting
How to Cook Creamy Zucchini Tart
- For the dough:
Strain the flour into a bowl. Add the egg and butter. Season with salt and mix until even using your hands.
- Dust the work surface with flour and place the dough on it. Knead until you have a dough.
- Form a sphere from the dough and wrap it with plastic. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For the veggie mixture:
Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the garlic and zucchini. Stir them in. Add the red and yellow bell peppers and stir them in.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 more minute.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the cream cheese, milk, egg, and heavy cream. Mix until even using a spatula. Set aside.
- For the tart:
Unwrap the dough and place it on the work surface between 2 parchment papers. Flatten it using the rolling pin.
- Coat a tart pan with the vegetable oil using a brush, then dust it with some flour. Line it with the dough and trim the edges.
- Poke holes into the dough using a fork. Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove the pan from oven and fill the crust with the veggie mixture. Evenly spread it, then bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.