Ingredients Needed for Gingerbread With Maple Icing
For the dough:
2 ½ cups of flour
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon gingerbread spice mix
8 ounces of butter
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the icing:
1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
2 ounces of cream cheese
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
½ cup sprinkles for garnishing
How to Cook Gingerbread With Maple Icing
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and gingerbread spice mix to the dough mixer bowl. Season with salt and mix until even.
- Add the butter, milk, vanilla extract, and egg. Mix more until you have a dough.
- Distribute the dough into the cavities of a gingerbread pan. Depending on how big your pan is, you may need to cook them in 3 to 5 batches. In the end, we’ve ended up with 30 gingerbread cookies.
- Leave place inside the pan cavities for the dough to grow, so you should fill them just about halfway. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the powdered sugar, cream cheese, melted butter, and maple syrup to a bowl. Season with salt and mix until even using a tablespoon.
- Top the gingerbread cookies with maple icing and garnish with sprinkles.