Ingredients Needed for Creamy Potato, Apple and Parsnip Puree
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 ounces of parsnip, medium cubes
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup water
1 potato, cubed
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon sumac
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 apple, peeled cubed
How to Cook Creamy Potato, Apple and Parsnip Puree
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook it until translucent.
- Add the garlic and parsnip.
- Add the chicken stock and water.
- Bring it to a boil, then add the potato cubes.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika powder, sumac, and curry.
- Add the apple cubes.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid in a separate bowl and put the solid parts in a blender. Blend everything until smooth. If needed, add some more liquid until you reach the right consistency.
- Serve it with a touch of sour cream on top!