Creamy Potato, Apple and Parsnip Puree
If you’re a fan of creamy purees, here’s one you’ll definitely enjoy. It’s built on a foundation of potato, apple, and parsnip. The two root veggies go together very well with the apple, as evidenced by the sweet taste of their combo. But don’t worry, the sweetness is perfectly balanced by spices like paprika, curry, sumac, and pepper. The result is a strong and earthy puree that will satisfy even your deepest hunger.
Ingredients Needed for Creamy Potato, Apple and Parsnip Puree
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 ounces of parsnip, medium cubes
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup water
1 potato, cubed
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon sumac
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 apple, peeled cubed
How to Make Creamy Potato, Apple and Parsnip Puree
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook it until translucent.
- Add the garlic and parsnip.
- Add the chicken stock and water.
- Bring it to a boil, then add the potato cubes.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika powder, sumac, and curry.
- Add the apple cubes.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid in a separate bowl and put the solid parts in a blender. Blend everything until smooth. If needed, add some more liquid until you reach the right consistency.
- Serve it with a touch of sour cream on top!