Creamy Parsley Soup
Looking for an intense-flavored and refreshing cream soup? Well, this scrummy, warming and nutritious parsley broth may be exactly what you want. A good idea would be to spike it a bit with horseradish and onion, so let’s do that. Serving this goodness with some toast is a must. Also, you can think of croutons …
Ingredients Needed for Creamy Parsley Soup
7 ounces of fresh parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 ounces of butter
1 tablespoon horseradish, shredded
1 cup chicken stock
⅓ cup heavy cream
How to Make Creamy Parsley Soup
- Fill a medium cooking pot halfway with water and heat it over low heat. Add the parsley and boil it for 1 minute.
- Transfer the boiled parsley on the work surface and mince it. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pot over low heat and add the red onion. Ad the garlic and butter and stir them in.
- As the butter melts, add the shredded horseradish and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley and stir it in. Add the chicken stock and heavy cream and do the same. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Strain into a bowl and serve.