Ingredients Needed for Soy-Glazed Salmon With Baked Potatoes and Creamy Sauce
For the potatoes:
6 small potatoes, halved
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 fresh thyme
For the salmon:
2 teaspoons of olive oil
12 ounces of salmon (2 fillets)
2 teaspoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, crushed
For the sauce:
1 ounce butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ medium red onion, diced
¼ cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon sugar
⅔ cup heavy cream
2 ounces of blue cheese
How to Cook Soy-Glazed Salmon With Baked Potatoes and Creamy Sauce
- Add the halved potatoes to a roomy baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and add the thyme. Bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the salmon fillets skin-side down.
- Mix the soy sauce, lemon juice, and garlic in a small bowl. Use this mixture to coat the salmon while frying it.
- Cook the salmon skin-side down for 5 minutes, then continue to cook it on all sides for up to 1-minute each.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the olive oil in the process. Add the red onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the white wine and sugar. Cook and stir until it bubbles.
- Add the heavy cream and stir it in. Add the blue cheese and stir it in. Season with pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes while occasionally stirring.