14 ounces of canned chickpeas
1 red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon fresh coriander
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoons of harissa
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 cup hummus
½ zucchini, sliced and grilled
1 cup couscous, boiled
6 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes
3 ounces of green beans, boiled
⅓ sweet potato, sliced and grilled
⅓ eggplant, sliced and grilled
1 sweet pepper, roasted and cut into pieces
1 tablespoon almond flakes
- Add the chickpeas, onion, garlic, coriander, cumin, 1 tablespoon of harissa, and parsley to the blender. Season with salt and blend until even.
- Add the olive oil and blend some more.
- Lay the tortilla on the bottom of a 7 or 8-inch springform pan. Spread 1/2 of the hummus over it. Do the same with the remaining tablespoon of harissa sauce.
- Continue by adding 1/2 or so of all the zucchini slices, layer 1/2 of the cooked couscous and add 1/2 or so of all the sun-dried tomatoes and green beans.
- Keep adding some of the sweet potato and eggplant slices. Cover with the remaining hummus and couscous. Lay on top most of the roasted pepper pieces, the remaining slices of zucchini, and the last sun-dried tomatoes.
- Layer the chickpea mixture on top and garnish everything with the remaining green beans, pepper, and sweet potato. Sprinkle the almond flakes on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400⁰F/195⁰C.
- Serve it portioned into cake wedges, garnished with ketchup or your favorite red sauce.