Ingredients Needed for Cream Cheese Filled Whoopie Pies
For the whoopie pies:
5 ounces of chocolate sprinkles
3 ounces of butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon red food coloring
2 cups of flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup powdered sugar (for coating)
For the filling:
7 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
How to Make Cream Cheese Filled Whoopie Pies
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, fill it halfway with water, and bring it to a boil. Place a heatproof bowl on top and start melting the chocolate sprinkles.
- Add the butter and slowly mix with a spatula. When the mixture is smooth, turn off the heat.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a large bowl. Add the sugar, eggs, red food coloring. Mix with a spatula until smooth.
- Add the flour in a large bowl. Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and powdered sugar. Mix and pour the butter and chocolate mixture over it. Whisk everything until the wet and dry mixtures combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Grab a pinch of mixture in your hands and shape it into a 2 inches (5 cm) thick ball. Press it, making it around 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick. Coat them with powdered sugar.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the whoopie pies over it. Place the biscuits over it and bake them for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the mixture. Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and mix it with powdered sugar. Use the mixture to glue 2 whoopie pies together.