Ingredients Needed for Coorg Chicken Curry
For the spice mixture:
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon cloves
2 teaspoons of poppy seeds
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon ginger, shredded
1 green chili, chopped
2 teaspoons of water
1 teaspoon vegetable oil For the chicken drumsticks: 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
10 ounces of chicken drumsticks
2 tablespoons of paprika powder
1 cup water
parsley for garnishing
How to Cook Coorg Chicken Curry
- For the spice mixture:
Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, cloves, poppy seeds, garlic, ginger, green chili, and water to a grinding mortar. Start crushing them, add the vegetable oil, then continue crushing them until even and smooth. Set aside.
- For the chicken drumsticks:
Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the spice mixture. Cook and stir until it starts giving off oil on the sides and you get a nice aroma.
- Coat the chicken drumsticks with paprika and add them to the skillet. Turn the heat to medium and fry the drumsticks for some 5 minutes on each side.
- Add the water, stir a little, cover with the lid, turn the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- Stir a little more and remove from heat. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.