Ingredients Needed for Chocolate Easter Eggs
12 ounces of dark chocolate, melted
12 ounces of mascarpone
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup apricot jam
Things you'll need:
How to Cook Chocolate Easter Eggs
- Inflate the balloons until they reach the shape and size of an egg.
- Soak them in the melted chocolate until only the tip isn’t covered.
- Pierce the tip of the balloons with skewers and hang them over a pan. Transfer the pan to the freezer for the next 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can prepare the filling. Add the mascarpone in a large bowl. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, heavy cream, and a pinch of salt. Use a hand mixer and mix until smooth. Add the mixture in a piping bag.
- Take the eggs out of the freezer. Deflate the balloons and gently spoon them out of each chocolate shell. Fill the empty chocolate shells with the mascarpone mixture.
- Add around 1/2 teaspoon of apricot jam on top of the mascarpone cream to imitate the egg yolk. You can use an egg carton to serve them.