Ingredients Needed for Chickpea Burger 1 onion
2 garlic cloves, sliced
10 ounces of chickpea
2 ounces of almond
⅓ cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 burger buns
3 tablespoons of chili sauce
3 lettuces leaves
¼ red cabbage, shredded
1 red onion, sliced
2 carrots, shredded
How to Cook Chickpea Burger
- Slice the onion, chili, garlic and chop the parsley.
- Add them into a food processor and mix. Slightly process to obtain a rough paste and add in the chickpeas, dried tomatoes, lemon juice, almonds, flour, and baking soda.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, and oregano and mix until smooth.
- Make three round shapes out of the chickpea mixture and cook them in a heated skillet, drizzled with vegetable oil.
- Cook them for about 4 minutes per side, keeping the heat on medium so they don’t burn.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chili sauce on the bottom side of the burger bun and start assembling your burger.
- Add 1 lettuce leaf, the chickpea patty, red cabbage, a few tomato slices, red onion, shredded carrot, and radish sprouts.
- Repeat the above steps for the next burgers.