Ingredients Needed for Chicken Rigatoni Bake
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of chicken breast, cubed
1 white onion, julienne sliced
4 ounces of tomato paste
½ cup water
5 ounces of rigatoni pasta
⅔ cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Chicken Rigatoni Bake
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the chicken breast until it turns opaque white and start browning at the edges.
- Add the onion and cook until it softens, stirring often.
- Add the tomato paste and water. Stir.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rigatoni pasta, mix it in the sauce, cover the skillet, and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer the pasta and chicken mixture to a ceramic baking dish.
- Top it with shredded mozzarella and transfer to the oven.
- Bake the casserole for 20 minutes.