Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Rice Gratin Casserole
1 chicken breast
½ white onion
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon marinara sauce
½ cup rice
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon dill, chopped
¼ cup parmesan, grated
How to Cook Chicken and Rice Gratin Casserole
- Boil the chicken breast. Let the meat cool.
- Pull the chicken meat with a fork or with your hands, to make shredded chicken.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Dice the onion.
- Put in a bowl the shredded chicken and the chopped onion.
- Add the mayonnaise and the marinara sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix everything with a fork.
- In another bowl, put the cooked rice.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and mix.
- Use 2 small ceramic baking dishes (about 2-inch/5 cm diameter) to cook the meal.
- In each one put, on the bottom, a layer of cooked rice.
- Add a layer of chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle some dill.
- Add one more layer of rice, one of chicken mixture, and again rice.
- Top each dish with grated parmesan and sprinkle some chili flakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Serve warm!