Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
Christmas is near, and the sweet tooth has to be satisfied, too, we know. So, welcome Christmas cookies! Chocolatey, buttery, and extra-sweet Christmas cookies. Top each one with a vanilla and peppermint-flavored cream, a marshmallow, and crushed colorful Christmas stick candies. Ho, ho, ho!
Ingredients Needed for Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
10 ounces of chocolate
2 ounces of butter
1 cup flour
⅓ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup mini marshmallows
3 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
½ cup powdered sugar
3 Christmas stick candies, crushed
How to Make Marshmallow Chocolate Cookies
- Add the chocolate and 1 ounce of butter to a smaller bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes to melt and mix them. Set aside.
- Add the flour, 1/2 of the cocoa (some 2 tablespoons), and the baking powder to a bowl. Season with salt and whisk until even. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of your vanilla extract to the dough mixer bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and keep mixing. Gradually add the cocoa-flour mixture in the process. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Start adding 1 tablespoon lumps of cream into the tray. Make a dimple on each one using a teaspoon. Bake for 8 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Remove from oven. Top each cookie with a mini-marshmallow. Bake for 4 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Add the remaining ounce of butter and the milk to a smaller cooking pot over low heat. Stir. As the butter melts, add the remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract and the peppermint extract. Stir and remove from heat.
- Add the powdered sugar and the remaining cocoa powder to a smaller bowl. Mix them until even and add the milk-butter mixture. Keep mixing until even and smooth.
- Transfer this mixture to a piping bag and top the cookies.
- Add the stick candies to a bag and crush them using a mallet. Further top the cookies with crumbled candies.