Rib-Eye Steak With Cognac Sauce
If you want to spoil yourself with a premium-like meal, then you should go for this recipe! Cook a juicy rib-eye steak! We prefer it Medium, and serve alongside butter-fried asparagus. For the sauce, we mixed cognac with orange juice, and heavy cream. Drooling already?
Ingredients Needed for Rib-Eye Steak With Cognac Sauce
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
7 ounces of rib-eye steak
1 tablespoon butter
½ cup cognac
½ cup water
½ cup heavy cream
How to Make Rib-Eye Steak With Cognac Sauce
- Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Start frying the meat.
- Season it with salt.
- Fry it according to your taste.
- If you prefer Rare to Medium rare cook it for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- If you prefer Medium, cook it for 3 minutes per side.
- If you prefer Well done, cook it for 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Heat another skillet and melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Add the asparagus, season it with salt and pepper and fry it for about 5 minutes.
- For the sauce, heat a saucepan and pour cognac and water.
- Shred orange zest and add it into the saucepan.
- Squeeze the orange and add the juice into the pan.
- Thicken the sauce with heavy cream.
- Turn off the heat as soon as sauce gets a custard-like consistency.
- Serve the rib-eye with sauce and asparagus!