Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Ground Beef Stuffed Potatoes
2 large potatoes
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
3 spring onions, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
10 ounces of ground beef
½ cup tomato sauce
2 ounces of cheddar, grated
2 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, grated
How to Cook Cheesy Ground Beef Stuffed Potatoes
- Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil and bake them for 45 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat and add the spring onion. Cook and stir until slightly tender.
- Add the dried oregano and fresh thyme. Stir for 20 seconds and add the ground beef. Turn the heat to medium.
- Cook until browned while stirring occasionally. Add the tomato sauce and stir for 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Partially unwrap the potatoes and cut their top quarter. Scoop most of their pulp out using a spoon.
- Fill them with the ground beef mixture. Top one with cheddar and the other one with mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Optionally serve them sprinkled with chopped spring onion.