Ingredients Needed for Cheese Fatayer
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon dry yeast
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
For the mixture:
10 ounces of feta cheese
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
0.25 egg wash
How to Cook Cheese Fatayer
- Add the flour in a large bowl. Pour the milk, sugar, dry yeast, and olive oil.
- Start kneading until you obtain a smooth and elastic dough.
- Drizzle some vegetable oil over the dough and let it rise for the next 30 minutes.
- Add the feta in a large bowl and add the egg and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Mix it until smooth.
- Next, dust your working space with flour and lay the dough in the middle of it.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces.
- Grab each part of dough and level it until thin.
- Give it a round shape. Twist the edges of the dough, shaping it into a small boat. Fill it with the cheese mixture.
- Brush them with egg wash. If you don’t know how to make egg wash, here is a recipe!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the boats on it.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.