Ingredients Needed for Waffles With Blueberries and Ricotta Cream
1 cup ricotta
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 pound blueberry, frozen
1 cup water
3 tablespoons of honey
10 ounces of greek yogurt
3.5 ounces of butter, melted
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup spelt flour
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon lemon zest, shredded
How to Cook Waffles With Blueberries and Ricotta Cream
- First, add the ricotta in a large bowl. Add the powdered sugar, squeeze the juice out of half a lemon and add 1/2 teaspoon of lemon zest. Use a tablespoon and mix everything until smooth. Set it aside.
- Next, heat a skillet over medium heat, add the blueberries and a cup of water. Bring everything to a boil. Squeeze the juice out of the remaining lemon half. Add the honey and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Set up your large blender. Add the greek yogurt, melted butter, eggs, whole wheat and spelt flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend until smooth. This will be the waffle mixture.
- Grease your waffle iron with olive oil. Pour around 1 ladle of the mixture into the waffle slot. Make the waffles according to the instructions on the waffle maker.
- Serve them topped with ricotta cream and blueberry jam.