Cheese and Zucchini Quesadilla
Who needs meat when you have so many vegetarian alternatives for a satisfying and truly tasty meal? Make this quesadilla with three types of cheese and zucchini, and spice it up as much as you want! It’s a good suggestion for dinner or a mid-day snack!
Ingredients Needed for Cheese and Zucchini Quesadilla
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ tablespoon garlic powder
1 spring onion, chopped
1 chili pepper, chopped
2 tortilla wraps
2 ounces of cheddar cheese, shredded
2 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
1 ounce - blue cheese, cut into cubes
How to Make Cheese and Zucchini Quesadilla
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Slice the zucchini and add it to the skillet.
- Sprinkle pepper and garlic powder. Add the spring onion and red chili pepper.
- Mix and cook everything together until the zucchini softens. Set the mixture aside.
- Heat another skillet, without adding any oil, and add a tortilla wrap to warm it up.
- Spread half of the cheddar and half of the mozzarella on the tortilla. Crumble half of the blue cheese on it.
- Top the tortilla with half of the zucchini mixture.
- Add the remaining cheddar, mozzarella, and blue cheese.
- Top the cheese layer with the second tortilla wrap. Press a bit with your hands.
- Cover the skillet and cook the quesadilla on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and turn the tortilla on the other side. You can use a round wooden chopping board to flip it over easier.
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes, just to melt the cheese.
- Slice the tortilla and serve warm!