Calories: 458 kCal / serving
- 6 g
- 42 g
- 29 g
Ingredients Needed for Cheese and Veggie Turkey Roulade
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
4 mushrooms, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
2 pounds of turkey breast
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2.5 ounces of cream cheese
2 ounces of butter
How to Make Cheese and Veggie Turkey Roulade
- Preheat the oven to 380°F/190°C.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it for 1 minute. Add both bell peppers, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey breast over a wooden board. Slice it through the middle, widening it as much as possible. Cover it with foil, and level it with a meat tenderizer. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese and add the cooked veggies over it. Start rolling from one of the ends and carefully roll towards the opposite end, so that you don’t lose any of the filling.
- Tie it with a string, making a few knots, to secure the filling.
- Mix the butter and parsley in a small bowl and rub it over the turkey breast.
- Add the turkey roulade in a baking tray and roast it for the next 35 minutes.
- When the roulade is ready, release the knots and slice it into 0.8 inch (2 cm) thick slices.