Calories: 951 kCal / serving
- 26 g
- 52 g
- 82 g
Ingredients Needed for Cheddar-Stuffed Pork With Sweet Potato Mash8 ounces of pork neck 0.5 ounce - cheddar cheese 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil 2 tablespoons of butter 4 carrots, small size, peeled
How to Make Cheddar-Stuffed Pork With Sweet Potato Mash
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Cut the pork steak horizontally, through the middle, but not entirely. Slice carefully so that the meat stays intact; you don’t want to completely separate the meat, just to butterfly it.
- Season the pork with salt and pepper.
- Place the cheddar slice on the meat, then fold the meat around the cheese.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet and start frying the meat. Cook it for about 5 minutes on one side, until it turns golden brown.
- Turn the meat over and add 1 teaspoon of butter on top. Cook it for 4-5 more minutes, then transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast it for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil. Add the sweet potato cubes and boil until soft. Strain the water and transfer the sweet potatoes to a vertical mixer bowl.
- Add the remaining butter, salt, and pepper. Mash the sweet potatoes.
- Serve the pork steak with sweet potato mash.