Ingredients Needed for Cheddar and Beer Soup
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup milk
1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
2 garlic cloves
4 cups of beef stock
2 cups of beer
1 cup cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Cheddar and Beer Soup
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the butter in it and melt it.
- Add the flour and whisk vigorously until you obtain a pale-yellow colored mixture.
- Slowly add the milk while whisking. Keep whisking until you obtain a smooth, thick, and creamy mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with smoked paprika and garlic.
- Pour the beef stock and beer. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the bechamel and shredded Cheddar.
- Simmer for 10 more minutes.