Ingredients Needed for Cashew Rice Stuffed Pineapple
½ cup pineapple juice
1 cup of coconut milk
7 ounces of rice
4 ounces of coconut flakes
1 teaspoon curry paste
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
4 ounces of cashews
¼ cup fresh parsley
lime for serving
How to Cook Cashew Rice Stuffed Pineapple
- Cut the pineapple in half. Scoop out the pulp of the two halves by cutting cubes from the pulp using a knife and a teaspoon. Ours yielded 1 cup of cubed pineapple. Keep the scooped out halves, too.
- Add the pineapple juice and coconut milk to a pot, stir, and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice, coconut flakes, curry paste, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to the pot, stir, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cubed pineapple and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat, add the cashews and fresh parsley, and mix all.
- Fill the two scooped out pineapple halves with the cooked rice. Serve with lime.