Cauliflower Mash With Lemony Shrimp
Sautéed shrimp served over a creamy and smooth side. Hmm, yummy! And you can pair the lemony shrimp with diced bell pepper and flavor it with parsley. Lemon and parsley just brighten everything. Serve over buttery mashed cauliflower with ricotta and enjoy.
Ingredients Needed for Cauliflower Mash With Lemony Shrimp
1 ½ pounds of cauliflower florets
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 ounce butter
¼ cup ricotta
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound shrimp
½ medium red bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Cauliflower Mash With Lemony Shrimp
- Fill a medium cooking pot 2/3 with water, salt it and heat it over low heat. Add the cauliflower and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Strain the cauliflower and transfer it to a bowl. Add the garlic and mash using a hand blender.
- Add the butter and ricotta, season with salt and pepper and mix until even using a spoon. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over high heat and add the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and stir in.
- Add the red bell pepper and stir it in. Do the same for the lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley. The shrimp should be cooked by now, so remove from heat. Serve over cauliflower mash.