Calories: 541 kCal / serving
- 18 g
- 24 g
- 62 g
Ingredients Needed for Caramelized Onion Risotto
2 tablespoons of butter
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
2 red onions, julienne sliced
1 teaspoon chili flakes
0.5 fluid ounce whisky
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup risotto rice
1 cup white wine
1 celery stick, chopped
2 cups of chicken stock
1 thyme sprig
½ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Make Caramelized Onion Risotto
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and melt 1 tablespoon of butter in it.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and add the red onion.
- Season with salt, pepper, and chili flakes and add a splash of whisky. Add the balsamic vinegar.
- Heat another skillet over medium heat and add the remaining butter and vegetable oil.
- Add the risotto rice and pour the white wine.
- Add the celery and gradually pour the chicken stock.
- Season with thyme, salt, pepper, and add the parmesan.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, while stirring in the process. If you want, you can add some more butter and parmesan.