Caramel Coated Pears
Soaked in our homemade caramel sauce, these pears may not actually be diet-friendly, but, it’s Christmas so we can indulge in our guilty pleasures. The caramel is nice, tender, and decadent, and it is the perfect coating for the pears. They’re ready in around 45 minutes.
Ingredients Needed for Caramel Coated Pears
7 ounces of butter
2 cups of brown sugar
1 cup condensed milk
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup crushed almonds
0.25 cup crushed walnuts
How to Make Caramel Coated Pears
- Add the butter in a large bowl and microwave it for the next 2 minutes in order for it to melt.
- Mix the melted butter with brown sugar, condensed milk, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Next, microwave the mixture for the next 4 minutes.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and lay the pears in it.
- Coat the pears with the caramel mixture.
- Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Coat them with the crushed almonds and walnuts.