Ingredients Needed for Spaghetti With Lentils and Olives
vegetable oil for frying
2 carrots, small dices
1 onion, sliced
2 celerys sticks, sliced
5 ounces of olive
3.5 ounces of lentil
½ cup red wine
1 cup vegetable stock
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup canned tomatoes
5 ounces of spaghetti
shredded parmesan (for topping)
How to Cook Spaghetti With Lentils and Olives
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Add the carrots, onion, and celery. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the olives, red lentils, red wine, and vegetable stock.
Season with basil, oregano, garlic, and pour the canned tomatoes.
- Simmer for 20 minutes to reduce.
- In the meantime, you can cook the pasta.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add water in it and bring it to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the dried pasta. Cook them according to the instructions on the package. Dry them and place them in a pasta bowl.
- Remove the veggie mix from the heat and add it on top of the pasta.
- Serve with shredded parmesan on top.