Ingredients Needed for Butter-Fried Scallops and Cauliflower Mash
1 cup milk
½ medium cauliflower head
1 vanilla pod
3 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 ounces of brown mushrooms, quartered
4 bacon slices
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
How to Cook Butter-Fried Scallops and Cauliflower Mash
- Add the milk and cauliflower florets in a cooking pot over low heat. Also, scrape the vanilla pod. Bring to a boil and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked cauliflower to a blender and blend. Add 1 tablespoon of butter in the process.
- Blend again after adding 1 tablespoon of milk and the second tablespoon of butter. Set it aside.
- Melt the third tablespoon of butter in a skillet over low heat.
- Add the scallops and cook them for one minute on each side or until browned and caramelized. Set them aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil into a skillet over low heat, add the mushrooms and cook them until golden brown. Set them aside.
- Place the bacon slices into a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Divide the scallops, mushrooms, bacon and cauliflower mash between two plates. Top with chopped chives and enjoy!