Ingredients Needed for Braided Cucumber Sushi
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 long cucumber
4 ounces of cooked sushi rice
7 ounces of smoked salmon
1 avocado, halved and sliced
4 prosciutto slices (thinly sliced)
fresh parsley for garnishing
How to Make Braided Cucumber Sushi
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low-medium heat.
- Beat the eggs just a little and add them to the skillet.
- Cook until the top surface of egg mixture thickened, and no egg liquid remains. Flip it and cook on the other side. Slice it and set aside.
- Slice the cucumber lengthwise using a peeler, to make thin slices.
- Lay the slices on the work surface on cooking plastic wrap. Lay them side by side, crosswise and interlaced, as close as possible. Braid them.
- Place the plastic wrap with the braided cucumber slices into a baking form, add half of the cooked rice, then one or two slices of omelet.
- Continue with the smoked salmon, sliced avocado, and top with the remaining rice.
- Fold the braided cucumber over the sushi rice and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before slicing it.
- When serving, carefully unwrap the plastic from the top of the loaf pan taking care to leave the cucumber braid in place. Turn the pan upside down and carefully remove the plastic wrap from the sushi.
- Decorate with flower-like folded prosciutto slices and fresh parsley, slice and serve.