Calories: 736 kCal / serving
- 64 g
- 31 g
- 40 g
Ingredients Needed for Beef and Potato Moussaka
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 pound ground beef
½ cup tomato sauce
3 ounces of butter
½ cup flour
½ cup milk
¼ cup parmesan, grated
How to Make Beef and Potato Moussaka
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Line a baking try with parchment paper.
- Slice the potatoes.
- Arrange the potato slices on the tray and drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Season with salt and bake the potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Dice the onion.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the onion until it turns translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook it until it turns brown. Stir by time to time.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook them together.
- Heat a saucepan and melt the butter.
- Gradually, add the flour and whisk.
- Add the milk and whisk until it thickens. Add some salt.
- Layer the baked potatoes, the cooked meat and the béchamel sauce and another layer of potatoes in an oven tray. Top with parmesan.
- Bake the moussaka for 30 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Serve warm!