Ingredients Needed for Bean and Avocado Enchiladas
14 ounces of mixed beans, canned
1 avocado, diced
1 tomato, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup sweet corn
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 tablespoons of flour
2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup tomato sauce
¼ cup water
5 tortilla wraps
How to Cook Bean and Avocado Enchiladas
- Grab a large bowl and add the canned beans in it.
- Add the avocado, tomato, spring onion, parsley, and corn.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add half a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Mix well.
- To make the sauce, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the flour, cocoa, chili powder, and salt. Whisk vigorously.
- Add some more seasoning with garlic powder, cumin seeds, and cayenne pepper. Again, whisk until smooth.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 10 minutes while whisking in the process.
- Add the veggie mix inside the tortillas and wrap them around the mixture.
- Lay them in a glass baking dish and pour the sauce over them.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 325 degrees F/160 degrees C.
- You can serve them topped with some fresh cilantro.