Ingredients Needed for Pesto Chicken Stew 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce
7 ounces of chicken, sliced
1 red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ zucchini, diced
½ red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 garlic cloves, chopped
5 ounces of rice
How to Cook Pesto Chicken Stew
- Add the pesto sauce in a small bowl along with the chicken. Mix and leave the chicken aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and the pesto marinated chicken. Cook it for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini, carrots, and red bell pepper.
- Pour the chicken stock and tomato sauce. Season with chili flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Give it a good stir and add the garlic.
- Bring it to a boil and add the rice. Cover it with a lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- You can serve the dish with some shredded parmesan on top!