Calories: 701 kCal / serving
- 69 g
- 28 g
- 34 g
Ingredients Needed for Pesto Chicken Stew2 tablespoons of pesto sauce 7 ounces of chicken, sliced 1 red onion, chopped 1 tablespoon vegetable oil ½ zucchini, diced ½ red bell pepper, sliced 1 cup chicken stock 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce 1 teaspoon chili flakes 1 teaspoon dried oregano pepper salt 2 garlic cloves, chopped 5 ounces of rice parmesan salt
How to Make Pesto Chicken Stew
- Add the pesto sauce in a small bowl along with the chicken. Mix and leave the chicken aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and the pesto marinated chicken. Cook it for 5 minutes. Add the zucchini, carrots, and red bell pepper.
- Pour the chicken stock and tomato sauce. Season with chili flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper. Give it a good stir and add the garlic.
- Bring it to a boil and add the rice. Cover it with a lid and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- You can serve the dish with some shredded parmesan on top!