Ingredients Needed for Banana Bread Brownies
For the batter:
3 bananas, sliced
1 ½ cups of sugar
2 ounces of butter
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup walnuts, crushed
⅓ cup flour For the icing: 2 ounces of butter
How to Cook Banana Bread Brownies
- Add the bananas to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the sugar and butter to a bowl and start mixing using a hand mixer. Gradually add the sour cream in the process, then mix in the eggs.
- Add the vanilla extract, baking soda, and the blended bananas. Mix more, then add the walnuts and flour. Mix until even.
- Line a 8 x 7 x 1.5 baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the banana batter to it. Bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and then the milk and vanilla extract. Remove from heat.
- Evenly spread this icing over the cake base, then let it cool. Serve it cut into squares and, optionally, garnish with orange zest.