Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Mushroom Frittata
5 ounces of bacon, chopped
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 fresh thyme sprig
5 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 cups of baby spinach
8 whisked eggs
¼ cup heavy cream
4 ounces of cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Bacon and Mushroom Frittata
- Add the bacon to a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir until crispy and brown. Transfer to a bowl, taking care to leave the drippings and the bacon fat in the pan.
- Use the same skillet to cook the garlic in the bacon fat. Cook and stir until the garlic starts browning.
- Add the fresh thyme and mushrooms, drizzle them with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the mushrooms start changing color.
- Continue by adding the fried bacon and baby spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix the whisked eggs with the heavy cream and add them, too. Stir once and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the Cheddar, then bake for 15 minutes at 370⁰F/185⁰C.