Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Leek Quiche
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
3 ounces of cold butter
¼ cup cold water
For the filling:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, diced
4 ounces of bacon, chopped
1 fresh thyme, chopped
2 leeks, thickly sliced
3 ounces of spinach
½ cup parmesan, grated
¼ cup crème fraîche
flour for dusting
butter for greasing
How to Cook Bacon and Leek Quiche
- For the dough:
Add the flour and cold butter cubes to a bowl. Mix using your hands until the mixture is finely crumbled and even.
- Add the cold water and continue mixing using a spatula, then knead until you have a dough.
- Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- For the filling:
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat, then add the diced garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the bacon and fresh thyme and stir for 30 seconds or so. Add the leek, stir a little, then cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir for 1 minute more.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the eggs and mix using a spatula. Add the parmesan and mix more until even.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix, add the creme fraiche, then again mix until even. Set aside.
- Assemble the quiche:
Dust the work surface with flour. Flatten the dough using your hands, then the rolling pin. Try to give it a circular form.
- Grease a flared pie pan with butter and line it with the flattened dough. Trim its protruding margins using a knife. Poke holes into the dough using a fork.
- Add a parchment paper on top of the pan and fill it with beans so that when baking it, the dough would preserve its form. Bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove from the oven, discard the parchment paper with the beans, and bake again for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Fill the crust with the cheesy vegetable mixture, spread it evenly, and bake again for 10-15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.